Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Dutch
Around here, a deleted truck sells for more than a stock truck.

If you're out of warranty, delete the thing and you have another 300 K before she wears out.

There was a thread comment on deleting emissions equipment a while back and one writer claimed and cautioned that it would result in one driving an illegal vehicle and as such your insurance company could or would claim you are not covered upon having an accident.

I’d at least check into this before deleting.

A friend has a newer duramax that’s deleted def, dpf , egr blocked and with a 65 hp chip upgrade. It is one fine, smooth running truck and will haul azz when you put your foot in it. 19 mpg tank to tank.

If that were the case, then at least half of all accident claims would/could be denied for things like non-stock tires, accessories, exhaust systems etc. It would be up to the insurance company to prove that any changes were the cause of the accident.

Extended warranty companies, on the other hand, can and will deny repair claims to modified vehicles, even if the wheel/tire set is not stock. I've seen them do this on vehicles that came in to my shop for repairs. The adjuster will document mileage and condition, and photograph any upgrades or deviations from stock.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12