My older brother Ken and I joined the Boy Scouts in Atlanta in 1959. I was 9 years old.
We were suburban kids. My dad wasn't interested in camping or shooting. But in Boy Scouts we went camping all the time! I loved it, it is really good for a sheltered suburban kid to spend the night out in the woods in 25 degree weather in a sleeping bag. No dial on the wall to magically make it 70 degrees. And on campouts, and at Summer Camp, we did a lot of shooting! Mostly .22 rifles, I loved it! Our Scoutmasters were real men, all had fought in WW2 and knew a lot about guns. You could tell that our Scoutmasters were a bunch of bad asses not like the few, Sissy male teachers we had in school. These were tough men.

And to have to cook your food over a camp fire. I just loved scouting.
In Explorers it was even better, we went to explore a cave in north Georgia. About 10 of us plus the Advisor. No signs, no state park, we parked on the side of a dirt road, we hiked 300 feet up a damn mountain, and there was this hole in the mountain. Hole about 6 feet high and 3 feet wide.
Our advisor had a 3/4 inch rope, he tied it to the pine tree, with a bowline knot which, I had learned to tie in scouting, "the rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree, and back in the hole." I learned that knot in 1960 and still know it well. The Advisor had about 70 feet of rope coiled up in his hand, he threw it into the hole, and said to me "You first." I grabbed on to that rope and down I went! No harness, ho helmet or light. It was 50 feet down to the bottom of the cave, hand over hand. Completely dark.
I had an awakening about 10 feet down that rope. I was completely on my own. If I screwed up, no good to call the teacher, or the police, or my Mommy. If I let go, I would die. So, I didn't let go. That was the first time in my life where I was beyond the grasp, of all the social norms that protect little boys. I was on my own.

We had some flashlights and explored that cave for a few hours, stalagtities, stalagmites, it was great! And then, back to the rope, and to climb hand over hand to the hole back to the World. Damn that was some exciting stuff for a 14 year old kid.

Also we went every summer to Camp Bert Adams near Atlanta. One year I got the Mile Swim merit badge, we trained for 4 days in the swimming pool, and then, it was a half mile across the lake, without touching shore, and a half mile back. Two Scouts in the water and one older Scout in a canoe. About 15 groups like that. I was 12 years old, it was like Navy SEAL training for a little suburban kid.
I loved it! Experiences like that really toughen up a sheltered suburban kid.

Good Lord it makes me sick to see Liberal orthodoxy ruin the Scouts. I can't believe it. Letting gay boys be Scoutmasters? That is insane.

Why don't we let some healthy, 25 year old young men be Scoutmasters for the Girl Scouts. I don't know if Girl Scouts go on campouts, but if they do, put a healthy 25 year old young man as Girl Scoutmaster for a campout with a bunch of 15 and 16 year old Explorer Girl Scouts. Guess what is going to happen, He is going to start [bleep] them!

And so likewise with Boy Scouts, you got a little 12 or 14 year old kid he doesn't know what is going on, a homo Scout leader, who took the job just so he could do this, is going to try to [bleep] the little boys and he probably will succeed. This is so sick.

I don't know, boys, I wonder if our country is ruined beyond repair.