I am an Assistant Scoutmaster with our local troop. My oldest son made Eagle Scout this week at 15 years old. My younger son is 11 and is currently Second Class rank. I intend to stick with the program until he gets his Eagle if he wants it and is willing to put in the work.

I'm not happy with the decisions the national council has made the last few years, but the truth is that's the political reality we currently live in. They're trying to do what they have to do to survive and not be sued out of existence. The truth of the matter is though that the decisions national makes don't have that much effect on the local troops. Our local troop doesn't have a single homosexual leader. We don't have a single child molester in the troop. We have 60 good boys in the troop who we're doing our level best to mold into good men. We do manly things - we rock climb, we cave, we camp, we whitewater raft, we shoot, and we backpack. We complain about the things we don't like, but drive on and try to make a difference in these boys lives.

If you want BSA to continue to remain a great influence in young men's lives, quit bitching and get involved. Volunteer with a local troop and make a difference at the local level.

Rock climbing:
[Linked Image]

Sporting Clays district competition:
[Linked Image]

55 mile backpacking trip:
[Linked Image]

Proud dad moment this Monday night:
[Linked Image]