Originally Posted by Blacktailer
So all of this fluff is based on the whopping BC of the 264 bullet. Does anyone independently test BC's or is this like the factory claims of velocities before the average reloader had a chronograph?
In Coyote Hunter's table I see less than 1/2MOA difference at 700 yards. If anyone can honestly use that 1/2 MOA in a hunting situation, my hat is off to them.

It isn't the difference in drop or drift that makes the 6.5PRC interesting to me - as I said above, the difference in drift and drop isn't great - but I'd happily take what it offers in those areas. Retained velocity and energy was the basis for my comments about the 6.5PRC beating the .270 Win by 100 yards.

If I was going to get another rifle in the .243" to .284" range, it would be another 6.5 something, in large part because I already have boxes of .264" bullets on my reload bench and none in .277". I've long considered building a light-weight walk-around 6.5-06 to complement the heavy-barrel/laminate-stocked 6.5-06AI rifle sitting in my safe. The PRC would be equally acceptable.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 12/14/18. Reason: typo corrected

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.