My experience is no more then my experience with a few rifles. I tried to follow directions very closely and read what others said. After a clean to bare metal I bore coated a new Tikka T3X Superlite in 6.5 Creed and fired 10 rounds through it and cleaned it and it took about 20 patches to get squeaky clean. I then fired about 30 rounds of Hornady 140 grain Hornady ELDY Match and 50 rounds of 127 gain Barnes LRX factory loads. They hit close to same place at 100 yards, which was lucky for me. I like the rifle so much I will get a Tikka in .223.

I used some Accelerator on a patch and then after 6 patches with Wipe Out Patch Out the patches looked clean. I then ran a couple of dry patches through the barrel and ran a patch with Corrosion X on it through the bore and put the rifle in the safe.

I also cleaned my Win. Mod. 70 "Stainless Classic" down to bare steel. The wonderful factory barrel that shoots many Barnes X bullets well was then Bore Coated per instructions. I fired 10 rounds through it and after about 20 patches they were clean. I then fired 20 of my hand loaded 225 grain Barnes TTSX bullets through it. It took about 10 patches to get a white patch and I was being picky.

I have a few other center fire rifles, rim fires, hand guns and shot guns treated with Bore Coat and need to shoot them and finish the process. If I had it to do over I would of treated and shot them the next day for consistency with time frames. I will see how they clean up, so far my little sample is very satisfactory. I plan on bore coating my pellet gun.

The problem is living in Alaska and getting stuff up here is some times a pain. Fortunately my son-in-law is a fish guide up here in the summer and brings stuff up for me when he drives up. He will be bringing me up 6 more one ounce containers of Bore Coat for me, which should do all I will need for the rest of my shooting life.

I called Bore Coat and asked for help with the shipping, they said they could work some thing out and call me with a solution. This was close to a year ago, have not heard from them yet.

I tried to get Midway to ship me a scope yesterday and they refused because it has a battery. I begged them to throw it away, recycle it, give it to some one, etc and they said no. I can ship it to my daughter who can use the battery and send me the scope.

I wonder if Bore Coat would be a good rust preventer if I wiped down the metal on my weapons with it and applied a heat gun to it afterwards. Corrosion X works ok, but always looking for the best in weapons maintenance..