That really is a very nice rifle. Anyone who has an interest in building rifles could benefit by close examination of Brownell's work. One thing I find, when shaping a bolt handle, it is real easy to make the handle too slim. One ends up with a handle which is sleek and well porportioned when looking at the bolt by itself, a little on the dainty side when the bolt is in the receiver, and positively skinny when viewed with the whole rifle. I say this because I managed to go too far on numerous handles,early on, and have still not made one with which I am totally happy. I think Brownell went just a little far with this one but this is only my opinion.
Of course, today, we no longer worry about aesthetics and simply screw on a great, big, knurled hammerhead for a bolt knob and call it "tactical".
I recall one issue of "Rifle" magazine which featured a Brownell rifle on the cover. The description said some thing along the lines of "It is easier to list the things in this picture which were not made by Leonard Brownell". There was a sculpture which was not done by him while everything else, rifle, mounts, fireplace mantel, wall panelling, was. He was a true craftsman and your rifle is a great example. GD