[quote=SDupontJr

Can you just simply run it through once through the smaller plate and be done with it?

[/quote]

I do that all the time, although I run it through twice. Matter of fact, I have never used the coarse plate that came with my grinder. I don't add fat to my hamburger which makes the process easier and it might not work the same, but you can try it. I can't say I have had a lot of trouble with the sinew although there have been times that I have had to clean it from around the blade, but usually I will do that between the first and second grinds.

Keep a lookout for what Saddlesore said. With my little LEM machine, its picky about how tight you screw down the ring. Gorilla tight and the motor will struggle, not tight enough and it does not grind as good....I've used it a lot so I know when it sounds "happy"....all of em are probably like that. When everything is right and the blade is sharp, the ground meat should come out of the holes in the plate in nice long "strings" that don't "break".

Last edited by RJY66; 12/15/18.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn