Originally Posted by las
Jag, i might dispute your choice of words:

The old bucks are normally frightened badly by the smell of humans in the woods.

I don't think frightened badly is the exact right phrase. I.E. More cautious disgust than fright

More likely they think along these lines, " Oh, crap here come those azzholes again to fug up my day. I'm just gonna hole up and let them stumble past. They stink!"

smile

Probably correct.

I once ambled down a canyon in the Co high country in elk season with my bow. Found a hump in a spot off to the side of the main trail with a white salt block for the ranchers cattle. I saw elk tracks headed over to it. I screwed up and passed it by that AM.

That pm i returned but again made a mistake and paced off the distance from it to my spot where i sat on a fallen log and leaned back against an aspen in the buckbrush that ringed the opening.

2 hours later a string of about 16 elk came down from opposite me from a little side draw just below the salt. They curled up the canyon 20 yards approaching the block from downwind. When the lead cow hit the path i had taken she and the following herd bolted with eyes as big as saucers. One came my way with the fear of God plastered over her face as i tried to draw on her and as quickly gave up as i dove to the right to keep from being plowed over by a crazed cow elk at 40 mph.

Beep beep.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin