We have a group of New Order Amish that have lived around here for about 60 years. They use as modern equipment as anyone else, and use tractors as their method of transportation. The only exception to that is on Sunday, when they use a horse and buggy to attend church. They modify their road tractors, and some of those tractors will easily run 45 MPH. Also, they will make a trailer out of an old pickup bed, hook the tractor PTO up to the rearend of the trailer, and when they get going, turn the tractor PTO on, put the tractor in neutral, and the trailer will power the tractor. I've seen some fixed up like that would absolutely fly.

They also use those tractors to pull heavy loads, such as gooseneck trailers. I've seen a number of them, but have never really paid attention to how they were hooked up. There's one fellow who does dozer work, and that's how he moves his dozer. If I go to the local hay auction Friday, there is usually one there who will have a gooseneck loaded with hay, and I'll see how he has his rigged up.