Originally Posted by gene williams
Penny ; The body Jesus had after His ressurection was different from the one He had before in His earthly ministry .THAT body is what is represented in the sacrament it seems to me .IT was what was given for the remission of sins etc., etc.

Okay... I understand. I was coming at the Eucharist from the opposite direction, i.e. take two common, ordinary, earthly things, and they become holy when they become the body and blood of Christ. So for me, the Eucharist contains Christ's spiritual body, not His earthly one. But like you said, as long as we both find Christ in the Eucharist, I don't think it matters much how we explain it.

Originally Posted by gene williams
Would you still be the same person if your folks had named you " Peso " instead of Penny ?

My folks didn't even name me "Penny," so we won't go there. blush grin

I do know that the name of Jesus has special power attached to it (see Jim in Oregon's post). I have had spiritual experiences myself where I have had to call upon the name of Jesus to be protected from the Evil One.

I bought a book called Praying the Names of God, but have not had time to actually get into it, I'm ashamed to say. I may have to pull it out and read a chapter tonight before I go to sleep! And as I was searching for the link to it on Amazon.com, I noticed that there is a sequel now called Praying the Names of Jesus.

So much reading I want to do, so little time! frown

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1