Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Moosemike: The fact that the 270 Winchester is the only cartridge you wounded a Deer with is absolutely NOT the fault of the cartridge!
It absolutely IS the fault of... YOU!
It just so happens over the last six years I have cleanly and humanely harvested six dandy Whitetail Bucks with the 270 Winchester.
In each instance I carefully and intentionally placed ONE Nosler 130 grain Ballistic Tip bullet in the heart/lungs of these large mature Bucks and went forth and tagged my well bled out trophy.
The closest of those 6 Whitetail Bucks was 250 yards by the way - some much further.
I have been harvesting Blacktail Deer, Antelope, Mule Deer, Elk, Mt. Goats, Black Bear and Whitetail Deer with the 270 Winchester cartridge for 50+ years now and I know how well the 270 Winchester performs!
It performs EXTREMELY well.
Your inference that the 270 Winchester is an unworthy Deer cartridge is laughable!
Your lame and embarrassing attempt to besmirch the 270 is more of an indictment on your marksmanship!
PERIOD!
The 270 Winchester cartridge has been going strong for nearly 100 years now - I don't think it is going to stop doing so just because you can't shoot very well.
Long live the 270 Winchester.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Varmintgay, I don't think I said all that. I think you put all those words in my mouth.