One of my buddy's shot an '06,for quite sometime. I'd come by his house dragging something big and dead. He HATED it! I always told him it was because of his '06,that he couldn't get anything done. most of the stuff I killed,was about 2-1/2 30-'06 shots away! I told him that he could shoot the first shot,watch the bullet go,and mark it's location in the dirt. he could then run to that spot,fire again and mark the second bullet strike. Then on his third poke,if he did EVERYTHING right,he could launch one into the ribcage. That would send it to limping,and would up his odds. That regarding closing the distance,on the now semi-crippled critter. It is a sound theory,but difficult to find a critter will to stay still,for so many shots. I just hit 'em with something that does the job,the FIRST time. I agree with T-stick,the only way to improve the '06,is to start necking it down. The 25-06Ackley I just finished,is a good place to start. I can see why soooo many are excited about the 280Ackley. With the increase in speed and the cool looking cases,comes a high degree of accuracy. Those cartridges ae capable of a "Two '06 Shot"...(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."