The first deer this rifle takes in this configuration occurs at 193 yards. Hit her twice, she barely flinches, 3rd shot takes her (a little high as a shooter is concerned) in the spine right above her front shoulders. The first two were vitals shots. Interesting how differently animals react sometimes when hit. Maybe it was disbelief that she was being accurately hit from that range, when deer in our area are used to shotgun only hunters all up until last year. (Iowa)

What fun. Less recoil, way more accurate, very similar damage as compared to the horrible shotguns we were limited to not long ago here in Iowa. I went with the scout scope route, and have been pretty happy with it I suppose. I'd be a lot happier if my eyes would focus on iron sights like they used to, but this has it's own advantages and disadvantages too. The scout scope allowed me to keep my Iron sights on, without having to raise the scope another 1/2'' to clear the rear sight. Lever actions are hard enough to get a cheek weld without having the scope mounted higher than wanted.

Marlin 94 Scout Scope

[Linked Image]

Last edited by esmith; 12/24/18.