I have not shot it yet. But Remington offers a load with their accutip bullet. Again same as used in slug ammo. It is a bonded plastic tipped bullet. Has a great reputation for accuracy and performance.

The FTX is fine for deer. But keep it off bone and heavy muscle. I would not take anything other than a perfect broadside shot through the ribs. Jacket of the FTX is very thin and the bullet expands very violently upon impact. Every deer I took with the FTX or seen taken with the FTX would have the majority of the jacket within the first inch or two of the entrance hole. Some had nearly the whole jacket stuck in the hide of the entrance. This out of slugs at a slower muzzle velocity than the 450 and at typical hunting distances.

For the best performance a Barnes would be the way to go. Unfortunately they don't offer factory ammo. Have heard of some people loading Barnes tipped muzzleloader bullets in the 450. Have not tried it. But have used the same bullets in my muzzleloader at similar velocities. Without a doubt this would be the way to go for the 450. Amazing accuracy and no question performance regardless of shot placement. If the bullet can transect the vitals it will regardless of what it has to go through first.