pdXammo:

Cookie has recently gone to back button focus, but I don't much care for it. When I get a chance with one of her units, I prefer to use the Canon one-shot mode where I lock focus with a half press of the shutter, then recompose the image before setting things off. Those custom settings are sure great for quickly locking in ones particular specifics. I could maybe settle into the back button deal if I had things on a tripod freeing up my two handed death grip on a camera when it's carrying a big assed lens.

I'm not one though to catch 8 or 9 frames every time I hit the shutter like some of Cookie's buddies.

We typically try for unobstructed views, but once in a while an image just begs to be captured in spite of an intervening jungle. Went to manual focus to get through this mess targeting the eye and was quite happy with the results.

[Linked Image]

I do wish the old split ring prism was still an option for manual work though. One could really dial those in as opposed to manually working with just a grainy prism in today's units. Still, I am amazed at just how well the focusing systems work in the newer cameras. Pretty speedy and handy for rapidly moving subjects.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/30/18.

1Minute