I have a relatively new Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM which I treated with DBC. I've shot it twice since I applied the DBC and it still seems to be fouling a lot.

When I applied DBC I inadvertently reversed the JB cleaning step with the copper removing step. What I mean by that is that I cleaned the bore normally, then used multiple cycles of Montana Xtreme Copper Killer to get all the copper out and then used the JB coated patch over a bore brush to get down to bare steel. It seemed like I got it down to bare steel but it still seems difficult to get all the copper off the lands since I'm still having to do multiple cycles with Copper Killer to get all the copper out.

I'm thinking about applying another coat of DBC. Here's my question: should I start all over and redo the whole process in the correct order including the JB paste per the instructions, or is it enough to remove all the copper and then apply another coat of DBC?

Also, I'm kind of surprised that this barrel fouls so much since the other Rugers I've purchased in the last few years have fouled very little.