Originally Posted by sharps4590
I'd go V/C in a heartbeat. My experience with one Zoli was offputting Accuracy....I have several drillings and a couple combination guns. All are pre-WWI or between the wars. Once the barrels start to heat up, usually after 2-3 rounds, depending on the intensity of the cartridge, all of mine will walk. I suspect some of the newer designs where the barrels are not firmly soldered together might alleviate that propensity of hard soldered barrels. Accuracy for the first 2-3 rounds out of my old pieces is quite good. Most holding MOA or better for those first rounds.

Which Zoli? It makes a heuuuuggg difference.

And, yep, soldered barrel drillings walk up and to one side or the other as they warm up. It is usually noticed by the third shot and much more noticeable after four in moderately rapid succession. I have some starting fluid I use when working loads or sighting in. I take the barrels off after each shot as they warm (3rd) and spray them with the starting fluid to cool them. It works pretty well, but DON'T get any on the wood or in the scope! Take both off.

Last edited by luv2safari; 01/03/19.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”