Like this one I ordered today? wink Sauer sidelock in 12/12/9,3X74R. It is supposed to lock up tight, and it hasn't been molested, other than a forend crack repair. The set trigger and safety need some work, but that's minor.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It needs a little mechanical sprucing up; Lee LeBas will tune it up for me...just talked to him today about it.

This is a pre-war gun and has 65mm chambers, so I'll be shooting moderate field loads in 2 3/4" in it, as I do with my other drillings and combo guns. I have a wonderful pre-war Sauer cape gun 2 bbl set in 12/8X57JR and SXS 12ga that has 65mm chambers, as well as a Sauer/Charles Daley SL 12/12/30-30 with 65mm. I shoot 1oz-1 1/8 oz loads in them.

I might not have it scoped. I do ok out to 125-150 yards with open sights. I have an older longer tube Loopy 3X that would be a good choice, should I decide it needs a scope. They're nice and light.

Last edited by luv2safari; 01/03/19.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”