Originally Posted by GuideGun
Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by GuideGun
They dropped the 15g/cm Heavyweight in favor of the TSS loads, which is smart on their part.

They have announced a bunch of new TSS loads for this winter/spring.

Kent and Browning have also announced TSS loads.

Great on more people making TSS loads because it should drop price as supply comes up.

I've been using 13 g/cc hevi-shot with good luck for years and the 15 g/cc heavy weight 7-shot should help my pattern.

Still having a hard time believing TSS 9 shot will penetrate like lead 5 shot, but I'll trust the more experienced turkey hunters here on that one.

I shot a gobbler last spring a little further than I should have with the Federal TSS 3" 12ga #9 load out of an Indian Creek choked 11-87 and it was a bang flop event. 5 gobblers died last year with that gun and shell combo...I am a believer in TSS now. It is impressive when you put 300-350 pellets in the 10" ring at the 40 yard patterning board and another 200-250 in the 20" ring. I have been seeing mostly all pass throughs too with very very little shot found in the birds.

Hmm... I ordered some TSS9 for a 20 gauge turkey gun im putting together, but maybe regretting not ordering a box of TSS for my 12 gauge.

Still trying to wrap my head around a 20 gauge getting the job done, but I have a Franchi affinity im putting a red dot on after hearing how much guys like their compact 870 20 gauge guns..

Turkey hunting is worst than deer hunting when you start tinkering with guns for different setups....

Last edited by humdinger; 01/05/19.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?