Some time back - I was inquiring on destinations in Africa in this forum and the notion was brought up that it is foolish to bring your own rifle to Africa. For years I have been saving up for a hunt and also because I did not want to be known as "sport" I have been practicing with my two model 70's a 375 H&H and occasionally with my 458wm which is the most beautiful rifle I own.

It seemed strange that on the hunt of a life you would not have your own rifle, scope and ammo that you were familiar with. Is this still the general consensus that your travel part of the trip will be much easier to leave the rifle at home - if this is the case, do you rent one from the PH and do you get to practice a bit with it? I have no desire to be hassled in airports on my vacation.

If so I think I will keep my 375 because I can use it for Elk here in the US and it is the same dimensions as the 458, which if it is never going to be used, I should just sell it.

I took pictures of the safe queen just to get some opinions here, I had loaded my A Frames and NorthFork solids both in 450g, and the load development was punishing on my shoulder. I also have the powder and bullets for 45/70 loads but I am starting to sell off things I dont use. Thanks for any advice

The rifle was a Pre 64 Model 70 bought in 2015 with some of the modern improvements like a better trigger, but had what people liked in the pre 64 - it is a Cabela's 50th anniversary.

Attached Images
IMG_2260.jpg (49.1 KB, 315 downloads)
IMG_2261.jpg (26.5 KB, 283 downloads)
IMG_2262.jpg (53.04 KB, 275 downloads)
IMG_2264.jpg (25.72 KB, 265 downloads)