Originally Posted by Rolly
Next August I will be hunting in Namibia. I was to make the trip this past August but health problems in our family forced me to cancel. I was scheduled to fly from Spokane, WA to Seattle, pick up my guns there, then re-check them aboard a Condor Airlines flight to Frankfort Germany and after an 8 hour layover there, fly direct to Windhoek, Namibia. This apparently was the preferred route as opposed to going from here to Atlanta to JoBerg, having a days layover there and then re-checking the guns in Jo Berg and going to Windhoek.

Does this routing sound reasonable or are there better routes. I would like to only have to check my rifle once going and coming, not multiple times. Opinions or advice ?

In 15 when we went we did the Condor route USA to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Windhoek.
German customs was great both going and coming. Condor itself in Frankfurt was an absolute nightmare both going and coming. Your mileage of course may vary, but I would definitely budget a bunch of time to argue with the SOB's at the counter if you want your rifles to actually travel with you on the plane.