Originally Posted by COElkChaser
I shoot a T/C Impact with 90 gr BH 209. Had a bear of a time finding anything that would group until I stumbled onto 320 gr Maxi Ball conicals. My Dad runs 120 gr BH 209 and Thor's in his T/C Pro Hunter, I've used that setup to take a cow at 73 yards with complete pass through.

I'm going to give the Federal Bore Locks a try this year, hoping the 270 gr copper bullets can group. I've moved away from lead in my center-fire and would like to do the same in my ML.

Also, I've been a big fan of using a peep sight with a globe sight in the front. Always felt the standard fiber optic sights blocked too much of my sight picture.

Are you guys who can't get your T/Cs to shoot cleaning between every shot? I found that all three of mine shoot much better with a fouled bore.

On the peep vs. FO sight question, I'm just the opposite. I tried a peep but removed it, had a hard time using it in low light whereas the FO's are at their best in low light. And yes, the front bead will cover an area about the size of a soccer ball at 100 yards but that only matters when you're shooting targets, it's very easy IMO to center on an animal's chest, I've done it well over 100 yards more than once.

For shooting groups on paper I'm much more accurate with a large black "Shoot-n-see" target, the black circle is slightly larger than the front bead at 100 yards and it's easy to center the bead inside the circle, making for a much more precise hold and small groups on paper.

A wise man is frequently humbled.