Originally Posted by drano 25
Originally Posted by Rhettsker
I have shot, used, and handled both Fieldcraft models and to me the 22" #2 contour model is far superior. Only offered in 6.5 creedmoor currently, but its a very nice. For such a light rifle, it really handles and points nicely.
R

Anyone know/heard if they might standardize the configuration with #2 barrel profile @ 22"? That in a 7-08 would be very tempting.

+1

I've asked privately about such a possibility and the answer wasn't negative. I'm mostly interested in this configuration over the standard 21" model because I, too, will most likely find the balance /handling characteristics of the #2 barrel more to my liking. The cerakote is a nice bonus.

I may just try a Creedmoor. Lots to like on paper and I'm starting from scratch anyway; sold all my rifles and reloading gear to fund medical expenses (wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer about 3 months after I was in an auto accident).

If the Kimbers are at all similar as far as handling goes, and from the side by side pics I've seen that's likely a safe bet, the short action with the super-skinny barrel is just too dainty for me; the 84L fits me and feels much more comfortable in my hands than the 84M.

Maybe I should just get a .270 like Brad did. Or an '06.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy