I'm in nearly the same boat. Due to state imposed restrictions my AR is a heavy beast- 20" Wilson HBar match grade barrel, fixed butt stock. Add the scope and a full magazine and it crowds double digits on the scale. I don't really mind it because my 66 year old gimpy self won't be doing any running and gunning any time soon, so it's primarily a benchrest ammo waster. It is however my primary coyote gun, and the little of that I actually get to do is done from static positions so again I don't feel handicapped by its size. (We do get to have 5 more rounds in the mag while hunting than our Jersey brethren.) I know, I know...

In the thick woods and small farm holdings of western MD and PA where I do all my hunting anymore I simply use the 55 Hornady SP at 3200 fps. None of the guys in my circle of hunting acquaintances uses bullets dissimilar to those. 88 ELD's and the like are simply a waste of money when the coyotes are only 50-100 yards away, and ranges that accommodate extreme long range practice are virtually non-existent.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/19/19.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty