Originally Posted by Soup
TTT

Soup, I took this picture for ya today of one of my hunting ARs to give you an idea of a more streamlined and portable AR if you want to go that direction. This one's nothing special (and I don't even like the scope, so ignore that part) but is nice to carry in the woods for a few reasons:
- that stainless 20" barrel is a light profile perfect for hunting where you'll only fire a few shots at a time.
- 15" handguard that is free float but very slim so it's easier to carry & hold, more like a traditional hunting rifle size. Note the short rail section at the end for a QD bipod mount if desired.
- the side charge handle is reciprocating, and makes it easier to quietly close the bolt on a loaded round
- light weight stock and light forged receivers and barrel profile bring this one in at less than 7.5 lb as pictured with an empty mag. Add 5-10 rounds and it's at 7.5 lb even.

The sling is missing at the moment, but I consider that a necessity for this type of rifle and it normally wears one.

The best part about these is you can build it how you want. You can also paint it camo or have it hydrodipped if you want.

Side note - this one is not a 223, but you can build the same type of setup in a 223 as well. This one is a 30 cal wildcat using the 6.8 SPC case, and the barrel is a re-purposed 30/06 bolt action barrel I re-used for the light profile.

[Linked Image]