Originally Posted by DarlaG
To All,

My husband, "Tex", has been a dedicated shark-hunter, since he was in college & worked as a volunteer for the famous Professor Eugenie Clark PhD, for several summers from 1965 & remained one of her fans/correspondents until her death in 2015.
He & his friends catch, (often) take tissue samples from, measure, tag & release many large/dangerous sharks of several species each season.
(When I can get away from work, I join him in his "hobby".)

He always says that, "There is a fine line between very brave & needlessly reckless, with your life."

In my opinion, that lady has long ago crossed the line from bravery into recklessness. She may not live long enough to regret her foolish decisions.

Large sharks are completely unpredictable & may bite anything within their reach, whether or not that they are hungry. - For example, the Summer that we met & started dating, a large Tiger Shark took a bite out of the aluminum transom-ladder on his old 18 foot boat.
(In the case of "Big Blue", even a "curiosity bite" would likely be lethal.)

Sincerely, DarlaG

Why do "Tex's" posts have a Big Squeeze feel to them lately? Who puts their wife on here to tell their stories? Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems a little off...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...