Originally Posted by weagle
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Brownells has had 6.5G mini barreled actions on sale for months. I’ve thought about one but can’t get real excited about dropping a mini into an aluminum chassis or a laminate handle. Don’t think it’d feel all that compact and handy at that point and I think I’d rather just shoot an AR than a mini in an MDT chassis

And as said above, AR mags would be more appealing than $40 proprietary mags..

I don't really have any love for detachable mags on hunting rifles. I keep a few ARs and Glocks around for applications that lend themselves to mag changes.

I'd like to figure out a way to put in a blind mag. The mag that came with isn't designed to have rounds pushed straight down in it, so other guts will need to be explored. Possibly a solid bottom metal and the guts of a shortened AICS mag stuffed in the stock? Maybe one of those bastard hinged setups like Browning used on the BAR semi autos? I'm perfectly happy with 2 or 3 down. Also, I may just block the mag well off and use it as a single shot. At the very least, I will shorten the mag as several folks have already documented.

I could live with a laminate stock. I've gotten them down pretty light before by hogging out a lot of the material in the butt and the barrel channel. I'll wait and see if there are any new stocks at SHOT show for the mini.

In hunting mode it will most likely have a Leupold 6x36 on it.

Doesn’t look like there’s much to making the mag flush fit if you want