Hello,
This seems to be the place for the most Sako 85 experience. I hate to bring up a sore topic, but I will try to be concise. I am interested in a Bavarian Carbine in 6.5x55, exclusively. I am very well aware of the ejection issues. I do not want this to be a bitch fest so please refrain from comment unless you have experience specific to the Sako 85 in 6.5 x 55 Swede.

Question 1. Has anyone had ejection issues specifically with a Swede? After many hours of interweb searching I cannot find an instance of problems with this caliber.

Question 2. I know this is primarily a Medium action issue, but is it a problem around the size of the action, or is it the length of the cartridge?

I’m aware of scads of issues from the 30-06 and .270 length cases and similar, which is a M action. The Swede is also built on an M action, but the case is much shorter.

I’m obviously trying to determine the likelihood of me having a problem with a Swede. Not interested in a big bell scope on high rings or twisting the scope, or other jury rigs. This will wear a standard type scope, mounted as low as possible. Probably a Swaro Z3 3-9x36 on low Optilock Ringmounts (ideally the 1 piece, or the two piece on Xtra low rings). And I’m only interested in the Swede. I know a .260 rem is ballisticly similar and on a smaller action, less likely to have a problem, but it doesn’t blow my skirt up. I have my heart set on the Swede, and if I can’t make it work with this type of scope, I’ll likely just pass altogether.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by SDHNTR; 01/22/19.