Originally Posted by Sako76
I have a Finnlight 85 in 6.5 Swede, ejection is funky and just about every third round ejects straight up, hits the scope and ends up facing backwards on top of the magazine. The rifle is almost a one hole rifle with with Nosler 140 Accubonds, I very seldom need a 4th shot in the deer woods of PA and NY and the accuracy is great. The scope is a Zeiss 3.5-10x44, I'm not sure what R&B's are on it or the height.

Yes, I fondled a Finlight in 270 at the gun shop the other day. Very nice fit and finish and agile in the hands. But I can’t for the life of me understand why Sako’s engineers put the ejector blade at 6 o’clock. The first thing I did when I got home was open the safe and examine the bolt of one of my models 70s. Ejector blade at 8 o’clock. That just makes so much more sense! In all honesty, I’m kind of leaning against the Sako and towards the CZ, just based on principle alone. I really do not like to reward stupid with my hard-earned money. I could get over it for the right price and with the previous owner attesting to its proper function, But that design still leaves me shaking my head.

It’s also been how many years now since the rollout of the model 85, Sako is obviously aware of the issue, yet no fix or update? Lame!