Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by GregW
what temps are you hunting in? I personally have ran a 20 degree bag for years. I have used it down to close to zero, I simply just wear more clothes depending on the temps I expect that night. I hate being hot in a sleeping bag, The whole too hot, stick a leg out, too cold thing drives me nuts. in cold weather I also wear a large beenie that pulls down to my nose that keeps my head and neck warm, kuiu marion 210 bottoms, 210 top, hoodie, even 210 gloves to keep my hands warm if I poke them out at night. IMO this is way way better than trying to use a zero degree bag. My dad always bought me zero degree sleeping bags as a kid and I hated them. I run a cabelas boundary waters large rectanglar down bag, plenty of room, they no longer sell them, but LL bean makes one pretty close to it currently. its light enough to backpack and I have taken it lots of times that way. its also NOT a mummy bag either. kinda a unique combo of light weight and good size. had it for nearly 15 years, its nice knowing my sleeping bag and exactly what I need for a given night.

Yikes...

Why yikes. Under what circumstances have you hunted below zero? I just described in detail exactly how I do it. Big game hunts are done in the west by the middle of November in areas that would see zero or below. I hunt beyond that into the middle of December. Do you even use your gear or are you a couch camper?

Laughing...

Was going to make a comment about you needing to do a sleep system review at the swing set before you can be taken seriously but I won't...

GFY, once you have spent 250+ nights in your "sleep system" get back to me. my systems works for 60 degree nights at lake powell, august backpack archery hunts at 12000 feet, october hunts for big game, 50 mile backpack trips to the highest point in utah with the boyscouts. to zero degrees in mid december in nevada. I sleep better than at home in most cases. So keep on making fun of what you know nothing about. you could actually learn something. I asked under what circumstances you are hunting big game at 0 degrees or there abouts. Jordan smith is a canuck so he is an exception, he probably might see below 0, I don't know. if you plan on never adjusting your clothing when you sleep you are going to need a different sleeping bag for every situation I just named.

So sensitive. Still laughing. I bet you are from Utah. Lots of sensitive folks live there for some reason. You know nothing about me bud. Keep yapping...

Are you a scout master?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.