Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by GregW
I'm in smokepole's and EdT's camp all day long.....

I'd rather get hot than have my balls chattering. Been there done that lots of times. Never again. If you want to carry all sorts of crap to sleep in on a giant mountain and carry it all in and bring a bag rated 20 degrees warmer than what you might experience on a backpack hunt because you don't like to get too hot and don't like to stick your leg out while sleeping then go for it. Not good advice for 95 percent of the folks reading I'd say, nor for me. I at times sleep with base layers, etc when needed but to plan to do that on purpose is not planning properly IMO. If it works for you great.

thank you very much, you just made my point without even knowing it. if you are worried about your balls chattering indicates you are unfamilar with your "sleep system" Do you even need one or are you too busy sleeping warm inside your camper and riding your side by side around on the mountain. I don't worry about shivering because I know my gear and know exactly what I need and when. I don't carry all sorts of crap with me. quite the opposite, what I suggested is using what I am already using IE clothing and making it a flexible solution for pairing with my sleep system. for crying out loud this is common sense. Why tailor your sleeping bag so its comfortable to sleep naked in? Why not adapt yourself to the sleeping bag? IE wear more clothes that you already have. You have no idea what I am even trying to say do you? not worth arguing with. How many nights have you spent in your exact "sleep system" when you get over 250 get back to me.

Everyone on this thread disagrees with you. Have you ever taken note that basically anyone who knows WTF they are talking about, many whom I've hunted with and conversed with, then there are those on this site at the top of what they do, pretty much do the exact opposite of your "common sense" approaches whether it be gear, optics, rifles, etc? Just some food for thought. This thread is a great example.

GW
I’m looking for a new bag that will work either in a tent, in my truck, or on the ground in temps down to 15*-20* degrees.

I would like a bag other than a mummy shape, preferring more room at my feet and shoulders for moving and turning inside the bag during the night, an outer bag cover will also be purchased for those hunts that put me on the ground.

Post here or PM me with you thoughts. I ready to buy one now...Thanks! Beav 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”