In fairness,kids on Summer Vacation from Junior High,make that much fishing for a few months in the summer.................

Yes, and we have guys down here that do over 100K catching pike minnows on the Columbia. Nothing in the way of benefits though. If one looks about, not every entry level job, however, pays 6 figures with a full package of benefits.

Made a seasonal offer to a lady once, and she insisted we furnish housing and transportation. Got that all arranged and one day before starting, she bugged out. Said she would like to work with us next summer. I don't think so. Wasn't text, but e-mail. I do not do text.

We've had some quit after a day, due to separation from boy/girl friends. A neighbor kid was flown to Ak, transported to the lodge where she was supposed to work, and announced on arrival that she could not do the summer away from her sweetie.

I think the trades are having problems because folks simply don't want to do physical work anymore. Can't even legally hire a kid to mow a lawn until they are 16 or drive rigs or equipment until they are 18, and they're supposed to wake up that day with a work ethic?

I can not imagine the pains one must endure with outfits handling 3 shifts of several hundred.

When I last quit, they had exactly 1 year's notice. Takes about that long to line up a replacement.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/23/19.

1Minute