1st shoot, not very productive !
My little Savage works great, function was fine , but I had to drop it off at my smith. I ran out of adjustment room, (bottomed out ) with the leupold 2x7 compact. Not a big fan of using shims i took it to H&K gun smithing in forest grove Oregon. Kurt Mullen and i talked it over and he is gonna shave a bit off the leupold base to raise the front up. I told if he has to shim the front a little just don't tell me ! I did shoot 1 group with 100 grain Core locks, I had to aim at a dot on the bottom of the target and the group was more than a foot high at 100 yards.
It looked about 1.5 inches. Did not bother measuring , need to get it closer to zero, or its jut wasting powder and bullets.
Its a pretty cool little rifle. If i get it to shoot well enough, i might order some better wood and have it checkered.
I cleaned the marks off the barrel where the sling swivel was. I tried the 80 grain barnes in my slow twist 250, and the 1st 2 made one whole, though i was on to something great, But i was only getting about 2 inches.after that, But it did some serious damage the stump. Got splash back that ripped chunks out of the target, And the bullet penetrated 3 plus inches into a very solid stump. Would certainly go through any deer probably an elk to, but i will not test that theory...tj3006