I have had Leupold CS techs tell me multiple times that all Leupold Scopes are tough enough and hold zero but the main differences are the turrets and the lens coatings. The VX 1s and Rifleman have friction adjustment turrets while VX-2 on up have clicks. Also, the VX-1 has less coatings on the lenses than the VX-2s and the VX-2s have less coatings than the 3s, and have fewer lenses. I'm not sure about the higher scopes, maybe they have special select glass or something but it's my understanding that the VX-3s have the maximum coatings. They are top of the line for Leupold as coatings go or so I have been led to believe. But there's more to a scope than lens coatings so the prices vary quite a bit on the higher models. I think some of them have more lenses too which drives the price up more.

But as to your question, from what I have been told by Leupold themselves as far as being tough and withstanding recoil a VX-1 or probably even a Rifleman will probably stand up to the shock of an elephant boomer as well as any other leupold. They are quality, all of them.

Last edited by Filaman; 01/28/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!