Originally Posted by Chrisk1977
I was wanting the cheapest route for the .375 and this was it. Ruger rifles are nice.

When I wanted an inexpensive rifle for one of my Son's friends to use on his first deer hunt, I bought a Mossberg Patriot in 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a serviceable rifle and I was surprised by how accurate it is. It wouldn't be my first pick, but it is a serviceable rifle.

Earlier in this thread you indicated that you wanted to restock it. If you go with a Boyds stock, you're probably looking at an additional $150 to $225, so your budget goes from $330 to somewhere between $480 and $555, creeping closer to the Rugers at CDNN. I've done the same thing with RAR-Ps, installing Boyds laminated Heritage style stocks on them that took them from budget priced rifles to close to what I have purchased stainless Hawkeyes for. A potential problem with entry-level rifles is that to be inexpensive, they have to compromise somewhere and you can get sucked in to improving them one piece at a time until you're spent more than you ever intended and more than you are likely to get out of it. The "Stone Soup" process of going from inexpensive and practical to an expensive money pit.

Not that you intend to get suck in, but it is easy to wade in slowly and spend a little money repeatedly until you realize that you've spent real money in dribs and drabs.