Last year I dropped 25 pounds, which made the elk hills a lot easier. This year I plan to do a repeat and get under 200.

As far as rifles, mine are ready to go with current loads - although I do plan to try the 150g LRAB in my .280 Rem. Hope to get Daughter #1's new-to-her .270 Win to the range to test 145g ELD-X this weekend. (Developed a 150g LRAB load for it already.)

Need to change the spark plugs in my 2005 F150 - apparently not an easy task.

More range time for practice, practice, practice, out to 600 yards. Need to get Daughter #1 and SILs there more a well.

May hunt a different area this year, at request of SIL. That would mean a familiarization trip.

A used Savage 111 7mm RM showed up in my safe a week ago. I have a non-magnum bolt head on backorder for it, which will give me additional options for rebarreling it. Leading candidates for the rebarrel are 6.5PRC, 6.5-06AI, 26 Nosler, .280AI. If I can get it ready before hunting season, it would likely get used this fall.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.