It's been a little chilly around here lately but my buddy said the perch and walleye are really biting so we decide to go to one of our favorite lakes last night.
I load up my Yeti cooler with some beers and bottled waters from the fridge along with a few sandwiches and put the cooler in the truck. I didn't bother putting any ice in the cooler figuring they should stay cold by themselves.
We get to our spot on the lake, drill some holes and get the portable shelter set up and the Buddy heater fired up. The perch start biting right away. We both had out big Yeti cups full of coffee when we got there so they lasted for quite a while.
After about 3 1/2 hours I decide to take a pee and get the cooler from the truck. When I opened it up everything was frozen. My sandwiches were solid. It was around -36 to -39 outside but I don't think it got below -25 inside the truck.
That cooler will keep drinks cold for days in 90+ degree weather. Why does everything in it freeze up after a few hours in extreme cold?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]