Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I was over at the Troy website looking around, the only mid-length Delta rail I see is the M-Lok style. Having two M-Lok float tubes already, I'm not a fan. I find I'm always working around the gas block, or even barrel contact with the M-Lok bolts.

So, Quad Rail for me. Is the Troy MRF a decent rail?

I wouldn't mind a mid-extended tube with the FSB cutout, but not to keen on the M-Lok style.

MM, you mentioned contact with the barrel and/or gas block and it made me suspicious of my own setups. I'm using inexpensive full-length free-float rails of the keymod persuasion on two rifles (soon to be four), and one is particularly skinny. Sure enough, I have a device attached to the rail directly beneath the gas block on that rifle. I was able to verify that I have at least 20 thousandths of an inch clearance between the gas block and the keymod backing nuts. I suppose that's enough. I have not used any M-Lok stuff so I can't say one way or another, but keymod may work for you better than M-Lok. If you're inclined to go with either of the systems, that is.

Thanks for the info on that, I've never had anything keymod. I've pretty much decided for me, it's going to be picatinny quad rail.