Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but this is in no way relevant to the question I asked. I already have the rifles and am quite happy with them. Just looking for loads ithers have used or even factory ammo would be fine. And why would I need to team a 350 with a .357?

Originally Posted by hogan
Might look at the Ruger .375 Magnum. The Ruger uses a Win 70 like CRF action. Several models from 20" to 24" barrels, and the AK guide in stainless with thread on brake is pretty nifty in the 20" guide series.

The ballistics TOP the .375 H&H from a 20" barrel vs the 24 or 26" barrel of the H&H. No belt on the case, shorter magnum but still a .532" standard magnum boltface.

Unless you want to team your .350rem mag with a .357mag; not much to consider comparing either ctgs you named to the .375 Ruger. There's also a .416 Ruger magnum. Shorter case enables more bullet seating flexibility. I don't think the .350rem mag is done on a short action receiver in the Classic series, but if so, it is not too impressive. The .35 Whelen is much better and there's lots of WSM and SAUM .35 cal wildcats out there.

The .350rem mag is kind of a cult ctg in Alaska as it can be built on a short-action and done on fwt barrel contour, so you got lightweight potential but heavy hitting.

If you're a handloader, the .375ruger mag is a great case design. Great choice for a .338 instead of the ruger short mag. Not much to necking down the parent ctg to .338...

Those who shoot cast bullets prefer the bigger calibers; just easier to get accuracy results from the larger bore ctgs.

If looking to go Rem 700, I wouldn't buy anything newer than a G serial number rifle, with the best being B & C numbers.