I have a Paco tool with an assortment of punches to give different nose shapes: wadcutter, cup point, small hollow point, big hollowpoint, big gaping hollowpoint... I haven't even used all the punches I bought, and I also forget what the maker calls'em! :-)

[Linked Image]

The modified ammo is more accurate than the ammo I started with (I've only tried it in one rifle though: an old BRNO I've had for more than 4 decades).

The punch that makes a flatnose with a slight concavity is the one I like best. A lot more barn pigeons fall straight down dead with this bullet than with a normal roundnose which had some fly off, then drop out of the sky later.

[Linked Image]

This reformed bullet even sounds different when it hits a pigeon, rabbit, or wet newspapers, compared to a normal roundnose it is a louder "whack" when it hits. eek grin

Mine is an old model, but I see from the web page that he now makes a tool which can do 4 cartridges at once to speed things up. Looks cool!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

See more at Classic Tool or LINK to new models

Paco was a pleasure to deal with too. Some of the pictures I posted above are from his older web sites, but I think THIS is his most recent page.

John