Originally Posted by warpig602
Originally Posted by Skydawg
I have three Sako 85’s, Barvarian 7mm-08 Swarovski Z3 3x9, Barvarian Carbine 6.5x55 Leupold 6x36, Grizzly 8x57 Leupold VX 5HD 1x5, and I have never had an ejection problem with any of these rifles. All have optilock one piece low mount rings.

Ive owned 7 85's, Finnlights in 300wsm, 6.5x55, 300WM, 243 and Varmints in 308, 204 and 243.....none of them had ejection issues. My Finnlight in 6.5x55 is my most used rifle.

That’s great, I know the “problem” is sporadic at best with most working fine. The good ones tend to have a strong ejector spring that overrides the extractor blade being in the 6 o’clock position. The problematic ones seem to have weaker springs. Philosophically, it bothers me to have to rely on that spring for proper function as it’s mechanical and will theoretically wear out. Then you are back to the fixed ejector to do its job which will kick the case straight up. Just seems like a design flaw, asking for trouble eventually. And it’s unnecessary, if they just would have put the blade over at the 8 o’clock position originally we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Worst of all, Sako/Beretta’s failure to address the issue is bothersome.

All that is just my own personal mental hang up. I could be convinced to own a properly functioning Bavarian Carbine in Swede. To me, it’s by far the most aesthetically pleasing full stock rifle out there.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 02/05/19.