I have a buddy that knows I'm always on the look out for odd ball model 70's. He's known for awhile I been looking for one of these they were a 1 yr production run stainless pushfeeds in a model 70. I have seen 3 of these the other ones were chambered in 300 win mags, this one is in a 270 with a featherweight contour barrel on it. Anyhow he calls me up telling me about this stainless pushfeed he picked up dirt cheap. He's explaining the stock on this rifle I said someone else put that in a different synthetic stock..

He goes, yeah that's what I though until he pulled the action from the stock. inside the channel it has Winchester featherweight. Here is the kicker its not the synthetic stock that we are used to seeing on the All terrain model 70's. Those ones had the Schnabel for end on them. All The stainless push feeds,I have seen all had the black synthetic stock that we are used to seeing on the classic stainless rifles. This one on, on this rifle has a white spacer on the pistol grip cap, black recoil pad that is honeycombed.

It's just a real odd rifle to be turned out by Winchester. So my bud calls his friend up that worked for browning/winchester for years in the r&d department,he told him about it and he said he never seen a configuration like that, and told him that Winchester was doing a lot of things in 92 and this might have been a market type research rifle to see how it did and sent them out to dealer reps, to see how the reception was towards it. But Who knows...

Also I was told that these first stainless rifles made by Winchester the barrels were outsourced to 3 outfits Krieger, Douglas and Lilja. Because Winchester was not making stainless barrels yet, but take that with a grain of salt. As stated before Winchester was trying to turn out a product that the public would like and not be complete failure. Was also told a lot of the stainless push feeds never left the plant, due to quality issues and Winchester was trying to turn out a product that the public wouldn't badmouth. This action is smooth as glass and whoever did this trigger wow they did one hell of a job. These were made in 1992 the same year the classic hit the streets and by 1994 the classic were in full production, after 92 these pushfeed stainless rifles were never made again.

Anyhow I got it yesterday took it home cleaned it up and snapped a quick picture. When I get home I will take more pictures and get them posted up

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 02/05/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.