I thought I'd post this here as information to others in the market for a small .380. I just purchased a Remington RM380 as I was enamored with the design and size of it and the fact that it had features that the original LCP did not (i.e. ambi mag release, double strike capability and lock back on last round). I've always been a Remington fan but I've had a series of firsts:

1) I've never had a pistol to malfunction out of the box (big confidence breaker right there)
2) Previously, I've never had to deal with a warranty item with Remington

With that said, I took it out for its maiden voyage to the range with factory hardball to try it out and determine if it was carry worthy. That question was quickly answered within the first 20 rounds. The trigger bar would slip past the hammer cam and would not engage the hammer. It looks like the bar is slipping around the outside of the cam. I now have a paperweight that's nice to look at and not much more. However, in researching this issue, it seems as though others are experiencing the same problem:

http://www.remingtonowners.com/topic2444.html

I'm at the point now that no matter how "fixed" it is, I could never trust this firearm for anything more than plinking. I've owned all other major brands of pistols and have never experienced this. I guess there's a reason why you don't hear Remington in the same sentence as Glock, Smith & Wesson or even Ruger when it comes to handguns. Buyer beware....