I love playing with the 7 mags. I`ve two chamberings, a 7 Wby, on a 700, and my third 7RM on a 700. The wby is in a 26 inch 9 twist PAC-NOR barrel, H.S. stock. I shoot bullets from 160 up to 180. out of it. Longest shot on deer was 465 yrds, longest on a water jug 1K. That thing just works,,,so there is not much to say about it.
The 7 RM`s were set up just to fool with...see what I could do with them. I bought take off barrels from the guys here on the 'fire", had my smith push out the throat on the first to wby lead dimentions. Found I could easly duplicate my 7 Wby velocities using cheaper brass. Also played with a "factory" rifle. Standard everything. IMHO the cartridge is very limited for velocity with heavy bullets by the short lead, but shot well. I didn`t like that, so on my next 'new' take off, I compromized in throat length, and only went out .375 inch, tapered lead. I want to utilize the ELD bullets, so as throat erodes, I can chase it a bit. Just got this rifle back two weeks ago, haven`t been able to shoot it much, but the first several three shot groups at 100 have gone very well. I`m using RL-25, 162 ELDM at 3050 fps., 26" barrel, 9.25 factory twist. My 700 yrd range is snowed in right now, expecting 10" more tonite, so may have to wait a bit before I can push it out a little.
Like the guy said, they worked, real well, for a long time, so what`s to write about?
Good Luck with yours`.