I'm about to rebarrel a 700 30-06 and make a 6.5-284 norma. Getting pacnor to make the barrel and chamber it for me. I'm opting for the .297nk per their recommendation. The question i have next is they wanted to know if I wanted .060 freebore or .188. I had to do research to even know what freebore was.......now that I do im not sure what is the better option. im most likely gonna be shooting 130-140 grain bullets most of the time, but might load some 115-120's and see how they shoot. My question is would i be at a disadvantage with the smaller bullets that might not be as long if I opt for the longer freebore? it would be giving these bullets a greater jump to the lands.....if im thinking about this correctly.

I'm no expert in this field so don't bash me if i said something stupid in the post. Just looking for what would you do and maybe some explanation to help me think through this better.

This will be a hunting rifle 99.9% of the time and then maybe some playing with longer distances over 500-600. not looking for a 1000 yard gun....just FYI.