The confusion is due to using the term "Freebore" for the throat or leed portion of the chamber.. Almost all chambers have this except it can be very minimal like on the WSM's. Best to make up a dummy round with the bullet you will use the most or the longest bullet. I really don't like turning necks so I would get the .299 inch neck. If your using Lapua brass neck turning won't get a big improvement in accuracy on a hunting rifle. It can reduce fliers so for low volume shooting not that big a deal. I would also ask for a 1.5 degree taper to the rifling and a recessed 11 degree crown. For some reason the recessed crown seems quiter as I think it directs the noise away from the shooter. The recessed portion is only because I carry rifles muzzle down in a usually muddy truck. If you always have tape on the muzzle and a cleaner truck the recess is not needed.

The barrel scorching reputation is for target accuracy pushing the envelope to get 2850 fps with 140 grain bullets with the longer shot strings the barrel may only go 1200 rounds or so. For hunting accuracy and use I think the barrel will last a lot longer. There is no reason that it won't last as long or longer than a 264 Win. Mag. but I could be wrong about this one. Even if the barrel goes at 1,200 rnds. that is still 20-25 years of hunting use.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli