Angus.I never put meat in the garbage bag unless it is already in a game bag and don't use the cheese cloth type. Sometimes I have to pack it out right away because of bears. It is still warm,but typically is not in the bags more than an hour -an hour and half . If the meat has hung overnight and pretty much bled out, then I don't use the garbage bags. Wish I had cordura bags instead of canvas.

I ran into guy from TN one year. He had put warm meat in garbage bag right after quartering and then put the bags under a tree for shade . Then he returned the next morning to pack it out.The smell was horrendous

That is a good idea about the double cincha.Not being a motorcycle rider, what is the tie down? Is it just a ratchet strap?

Here is a tip.Instead of black pepper or some of those sprays, use chili powder sprinkled on the quarters to keep flies away. It washes off and leave no taste on the meat

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/07/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles