Originally Posted by spence1875
357 sig or full 10mm both have the upper limits of recoil most shooters can handle, large muzzle blast and a fair amount of muzzle flip. that is why no major agencies are using either currently and those that are are transitioning to 9mm. Also when talking about agencies with a large number of shooters ammunition cost comes into play, there is no economy of scale with 357 sig or full 10 compared to 9mm or 45. The overall civilian and le demand for these calibers is low so prices are high.

Bottom line is that is you use a top end bonded bullet in most self defense situations 38, 357, 9, 40 or 45 will all work equally well if you can do your part with your shooting iron.

I use all of the above calibers except for 357 sig, which I have used in the past, I am gtg with them all.

There are several large agencies carrying the 357 Sig. Including federal agencies

IMO the Sig round has less recoil and less muzzle flash than a 40

When we transitioned to the 357 Sig from the 45 ammo cost was the same

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell