The "5% increase in performance" Bob was speaking to was basically less drag and better stability throughout the entire flight path! I think my son has possibly a thousand or so of my 176 so I'll check and see!

I understand that you might be taking some creative license with that statement, but just in case...a 5% reduction in drag, would have to be translated into a reduction in wind drift which would then be SWAG'd into an improvement in score...
There was a guy named Larry Medler that ran a webpage where he played with such "what if" with ballistics and score. His site is down, but I'll see if I can find it in the wayback machine.

On a different note, Bob McCoy published his research on the flight characteristics of different match bullets. It's in the public domain, and it's a good read if you're interested in such things (from a historical perspective since the studied bullets have been eclipsed for long range shooting). Google "The Aerodynamic Characteristics of 7.62 Match Bullets".