.264 140 Partition
.264 140 X
7mm 150 TTSX
7mm 162 Amax
.308 180 TSX
.308 168 TSX
.308 180 PP

Those are the ones that come immediately to mind. A couple of those elk took more than one hit (I'm a believer in the fact that the shooting is the fun part, so might as well enjoy it), but only one of them was a legitimate concern of getting away - that was with a 300 RUM and 168 TSX's where the 1st was at 10 yards, the 2nd at 15 yards, again at 40 yards (more than 2 hours and 600 yards away from the first shots in thick timber) and a 4th and final one at 50 yards. That bull showed an incredible will to live, with less than one fully functioning lung and only 1 fully functioning rear wheel when he finally gave up. That said, I think a more frangible bullet would have probably killed him quicker, and I wouldn't have hesitated to take the same shot with my 243AI and a 105 Amax as it was first presented.

Incidentally, one (IIRC) bullet was recovered, fully expanded (which I would have expected given the 3300+ fps impact velocity), in the front of his rear leg. That one completely popped one lung, and caught the edge of the rear lobe of the other lung, but not enough to deflate it.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.